Some of the greatest evidence for the divine inspiration and reliability of the Bible is Bible prophecy. This is especially true when it comes to the fulfilled prophecies about the Messiah. Today we will look at a few of them.
Taking the twelve disciples aside, Jesus said, “Listen, we’re going up to Jerusalem, where all the predictions of the prophets concerning the Son of Man will come true. He will be handed over to the Romans, and he will be mocked, treated shamefully, and spit upon. They will flog him with a whip and kill him, but on the third day he will rise again.” But they didn’t understand any of this. The significance of his words was hidden from them, and they failed to grasp what he was talking about.” (Luke 18:31–34, NLT)
We certainly shouldn’t be as clueless as the Apostles were back then when it comes to looking back at the relationship between the Old Testament prophecies of the Messiah and the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
A sample of the over 350 fulfilled prophecies about Jesus Christ…
Jesus was God’s predetermined plan for the salvation of mankind. Matthew 1:21; John 3:16-17; 1John 4:9-14
Just 8 of the specific OT prophecies about the Messiah…
- His virgin birth – Isaiah 7:14
- The place of His birth – Micah 5:2
- Herod’s slaughter of the children – Jerimiah 31:15
- His life of doing miracles and deliverance – Isaiah 61:1; 53:4
- The suffering Messiah – Psalm 22 and Isaiah 53
- His horrific death – Isaiah 52:14–15
- His resurrection – Psalm 16:10
- Even His eternal reign – Daniel 7:13-14; Is 9:6-7
Take some time to look up the above verses and understand the amazing prophecies that have been fulfilled by Jesus Christ.