“In the beginning the Word already existed. He was with God, and he was God. He was in the beginning with God. He created everything there is. Nothing exists that he didn’t make. Life itself was in him, and this life gives light to everyone. The light shines through the darkness, and the darkness can never extinguish it.” … “So the Word became human and lived here on earth among us. He was full of unfailing love and faithfulness. And we have seen his glory, the glory of the only Son of the Father.” John 1:1-5, 14 NLT.
“For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. “For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.” John 3:16, 17, NKJV.
The great reformer Martin Luther called John 3:16 “the heart of the Bible” …the Gospel in miniature.” It’s so simple a child can understand it; yet it condenses the deep and marvelous truths of redemption into these few powerful words: Luther put it this way…
· “God” …The Greatest Lover
· “So loved” …The greatest degree
· “The world” …The greatest number
· “That He gave” …The greatest act
· “His only begotten Son” …The greatest gift
· “That whosoever” …The greatest invitation
· “Believeth” …The greatest simplicity
· “In Him” …The greatest Person
· “Should not perish” …The greatest deliverance
· “But” …The greatest difference
· “Have” …The greatest certainty
· “Everlasting Life” …The greatest possession
Merry Christmas! Don’t let anything or anyone crowd out the real meaning of Christmas in your life. It’s all about Jesus!